Last updated February 17, 2016.
We may update this Policy to add new terms or change terms that are relevant to your use of the Sites. In the event we make additions and/or changes, the revised version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon posting. You should frequently review this Policy because your continued use of our Sites after we post a revised version signifies your consent to such new Policy. If you have any questions about our Policy, please contact us as described below.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT. When you purchase products on our Sites, we collect personal information about you (“Personal Information”), which may include, but is not limited to, your:
- email address
- credit card information
- business address
- telephone number
- shipping address
- billing address
You may choose not to provide your Personal Information; however, you will not be able to purchase products from us on the Sites and you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Sites.
As with many other websites, the Web servers used to operate the Sites may collect certain data pertaining to you and the equipment and communications method that you use to access the Internet and the Sites. For security reasons and to confirm the integrity of our data, we may combine components of this data with other sources of information which may identify you. Unless otherwise described in this Policy or our Terms and Conditions of Use, such identifying information will be used for our internal business purposes. In addition, the information we collect may reveal such things as the Internet protocol (“IP”) address assigned to your computer, specific pages that you accessed on the Sites or immediately prior to visiting the Sites, and the length of time you spend on the Sites. The purposes for which this information is collected and used include facilitating Site operation and system administration, generating aggregate, non-identifiable statistical information, monitoring and analyzing Site traffic and usage patterns, and improving the content and content delivery with regard to the Sites and the online media, content, materials, opportunities and services that we describe or make available on the Sites. Like many other websites, our Site may at any time, in our discretion, use “cookies” or other tracking mechanisms to help us recognize visitors when they return to the Sites or as they navigate among the different portions of the Sites. Collectively, the type of information described in this paragraph is referred to as “Usage Data” and together with your Personal Information, as “Collected Information.”
How Do We Use The Information That We Collect? We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your shopping experience through our Sites;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business;
- To contact you if necessary;
- To prevent fraud and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To enforce our Terms & Conditions of Use and other agreements; and
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES. In the course of conducting our business, we may share Collected Information with our affiliates, contractors and other third parties as follows.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. Our service providers are not permitted to use or disclose your information for any purpose other than providing the specific services on our behalf.
- We may share your information to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of SLG and others.
- We may also produce reports on Site traffic or usage patterns and share these reports with our business partners and other third parties (e.g., other organizations with a similar mission).
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions set forth in each of those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or information about your orders. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
When you visit our Sites, we may store some information in the form of a "cookie" or similar file that is automatically downloaded to your computer. Cookies are perfectly safe for your computer and are not programs that can be used to damage files. Your personal information cannot be gathered from the presence of cookies. Among other things, cookies enable us to tailor our Sites and advertising to best match the interests and preferences of our Site visitors and customers. However, if you don't want cookies (ours or anyone else's) stored on your system, most internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive or prevent them from being stored. Some will even send you a warning message before they are stored. Refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of certain interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS. Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow websites to collect personal information over time about your online activities across different websites or online services. At this time our Site does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding the collection of such personal information, and our Site may continue to collect personal information in the manner described in this Policy. We may enable third parties to collect personal information in connection with our Site. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of personal information by third parties on our Site.
California Users: Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of SLG who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org write us:
Scott’s Liquid Gold, Inc.
4880 Havana Street, Suite 400
Denver, Colorado 80239
THE INFORMATION OF CHILDREN. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. If we learn that a user is under thirteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that such user has provided to us.
- Transfer of such Personal Information to the United States,
- the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Colorado and the federal courts sitting in Denver, Colorado.
SECURITY PRECAUTIONS. No data transmission over the internet is perfectly secure. Though we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Upon receiving your transmission, we make every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems. However, you are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, passwords and all other account information.
QUESTIONS. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com